Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Millie's Story

Millie on the night we got her

Macy had been asking me for a dog for months. Two years ago, a neighbor gave us a little Chiuaua mix that we named Lola. Lola was such a sweet puppy. Macy was about 15 months old at the time so she was kind of rough with her, but they were cute together.

Macy and Lola
 
Macy’s dad was home that weekend and told me that Macy didn’t need a dog and convinced me to give Lola to one of his friends. I was pretty upset about that, but realized that the time probably wasn’t right and Lola probably wasn’t the dog for us. About a year ago, a friend of mine told me about some labs at the pound. I was interested, but I didn’t have a fence. I humored her by going to look at them. Macy immediately fell in love with the mangy one. I explained to my friend that I wasn’t able to care for a lab and didn’t have a fence. Well the friend bought the lab for Macy anyways, but she keeps Belle at her house (thank you, Jesus).

Well in August of last year, Macy started asking for a puppy named Millie Measure (from Team Umizoomi) and telling me she really needed a dog. I rolled my eyes and thought another person to clean up after is the last thing I need right now… But I couldn’t get the thought of a dog off of my mind. I’m a dog person. I always had labs growing up and there’s no love equal to the unconditional love of a dog. I took Macy to the local pound and animal shelters, sure there were plenty of dogs there, but they just weren’t for us. I began to look on Facebook swapshops, but still couldn’t find the right dog. This went on for three months.

I was on break at work one day and looking at swapshop on my phone when I saw her. Before I even read anything about her, where she was located, or how much the fee was, I knew that was our dog. I can’t explain – other than my heart told me that this was our dog and we would be her furever home. I quickly realized that they person getting rid of her was an old coworker of mine. I sent her a message and asked if we could come look at the dog. That afternoon after I got Macy from school, we went out and looked at the dog.  They told me her name was Lilly and that she was about 6 months old. She was super hyper and super sweet. Macy was terrified of her at first, but got over it after a few minutes and told me that was her puppy… and boy is it ever!!

Millie's first week at the house


When we got home, she sniffed everything out and instantly became Macy’s dog. I couldn’t’ve asked for a better dog. She doesn’t bark, was already pretty much house trained, and was soooo good with Macy.

Over the last few months, we have really grown to love Millie more than we ever thought possible. Every night she snuggles up with Macy and gives her shuggies. Millie is Macy’s best friend – I know she would be devastated if anything happened to her Millie Measure.
Macy and Millie in Millie's chickle. Macy couldn't say kennel up, she said "chickle"... So now, Millie know when we tell her to chickle up, she runs to her crate.

Millie definitely takes a lot of abuse.

But her and Macy are inseparable. The first thing Macy does when gets home is runs for Millie.


Millie doesn't mind, though. She just likes to chill on a pile of blankets.



These two never fail to make my heart melt. I love my babies (even the furry one) oh, so much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment